Mar 16, 2014

Carrot Cake Recipe

I have known and used this recipe since my dad used to bake it for us, it was so delicious that I never actually forgot about it.  So here it is, the most simple cake recipe you will ever find !

2 cups of grated carrots
2 eggs (size 7 ish)
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of oil
1 tsp vanilla essense
^
Mix all ingredients above in a bowl.

add 1 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp mixed spices
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix well and bake on high in microwave for approx 9 minutes.
( I leave mine in for 8.45 as its a very powerful microwave) Also note I use a circular donut shaped plastic bowl.
Icing is below.









ICING

125 grams butter (soft)
125 grams cream cheese ( spreadable or softened )
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon rhind
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Beat butter, cream cheese and rhind in a bowl with eletric mixer till fluffy.
Add sifted icing sugar and juice, beat till smooth.

EAT !